All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.—Helen Keller
Grief Support Programs
There is no living without loss. Yet inside all loss, no matter how painful, there are seeds of hope. Loss tends to isolate us, close us down, and leave many of us feeling bewildered, alone, and like no one understands. But companionship can help us cultivate hope and grow toward healing.
To help the patients of YoloCares, their loved ones, as well as members of the wider community, the Center for Loss and Hope offers an array of services, programs, and resources free of charge.
Here’s a general list of what may be available to you:
- Grief Support Groups
- One-on-one Grief Support
- Grief Classes, Seminars, and Trainings
- YoloCares for Kids: Support for Young Grievers
- Spanish Language Services
- Memorial Services and Events
Here’s a library of downloadable grief tools you can use whenever you find yourself needing insight, guidance, or a way to work with your grief.
Below is a carefully selected list of downloadable resources and online links that you will find helpful at times during your journey through grief:
- Bibliotherapy (Opens in New Window)
- Children, Teens and Suicide Loss (Opens in New Window)
- Navigating Children’s Grief (Opens in New Window)
- 10 Ways to Help a Grieving Child (Opens in New Window)
- Pet Loss and Kids’ Grief (Opens in New Window)
- Children/Families Who are Grieving Loss of Parent (Opens in New Window)
- How to Talk to Preschoolers About Death (Opens in New Window)
- What can you do when a Child is Grieving? (Opens in New Window)
- What can you do when a Teen is Grieving? (Opens in New Window)
- 10 for 10—10 Activities for When Emotions Run High (Opens in New Window)
To help you find a group or event that supports your grief journey, here’s a list of upcoming free groups, workshops, and other events: